Thursday, October 10, 2013

Flint Hills Job Corps Center, Speaking Engagement


9-30-13 Speaking Engagement

I would like to thank Gary Vesta, Center Director at Flint Hills Job Corps Center in Kansas, for asking whether I would be interested in speaking to students regarding life, difficult times, and keeping a positive attitude to overcome difficult situations.  I worked with Gary at FHJCC back in 92'-94' as a recreational advisor before returning back to my hometown, Garland TX.

The goal of this engagement was to help inspire a "You Can" attitude.  My intent was to encourage students and let them know that they can accomplish whatever they want to accomplish in life and on the job.  Everything is a process and they should hang in there as they learn their crafts and skills.

It was an honor and I am blown away at the thought of having an opportunity to help kids.  I'm excited that I might have a chance to give with hopes of changing a kid's life in a positive way.

                       Center Director, Gary Vesta
                      Faculty
                     Students


                     Johnny Taylor 

No comments:

Post a Comment